2016 Keep the Peace 504 Art Contest Guidelines
Section I – General Information
The Keep the Peace504 Art contest is designed to showcase the talents of young artist who believe in promoting peace and the preservation of our city’s unique culture. A winning original piece of art will be chosen as the Street Light Banner that will be announced February 29. The contest is open to all amateur artists enrolled in high school.
Judging will be conducted under the direction of the jury of three judges who will be chosen by contest organizers.
Contest theme: Keep the Peace 504
Section II – Awards
• The winning entry will be published as the official 2016 Keep the Peace 504 Banner
• The winning artist will receive $500 scholarship sponsored by supporters of the New Orleans Peacekeepers.
• The 2nd and 3rd place winners receive $250 and $100 respectively.
• Honorable mention to receive $50
• Artwork and profile of the artist will be prominently featured in a local publication.
• Prints will be on display during KEEP THE PEACE events. Interested individuals would be able to purchase prints. Proceeds from such transactions will be divided among the winners and the Peacekeepers (Peacekeepers will retain 70% and creator of artwork will get 30%).
Section III – Rules
1. The file format of all entries must be a PDF, or JPEG submitted via photograph or scan of the original art. Original art can be any medium. Please do not frame your original art. Original art should be no smaller than 8” x 10”. Send pictures of your artwork to the following email address email@example.com with entry form.
2. The city of New Orleans is one of the many cities in the United States which finds itself plagued with senseless gun violence. The contest organizers are looking for creative artwork that will help to communicate the need to end violence in the city (especially gun violence) and the value of using the New Orleans Peacekeepers “Squash the Beef” Hotline to help settle disputes. Contest organizers want to target the minds of young people and would like to use artwork to do so.
3. To read more about rules and guidelines visit thepeacekeepers.org and follow the directions as guided on the page.
4. All entries must be accompanied by an entry form submitted no later than Feb. 16, 2016.
5. The KeepthePeace504 Art Contest team will confirm via email that they have received the entry.
6. Each student should submit only one entry.
7. Each entry will be judged on the originality of concept, presentation, adherence to the theme,
design technique and total impact.
8. Failure to adhere to the rules may result in disqualification at the discretion of the jury
9. Contestants must be a Orleans or Jefferson Parish Resident Contestants must meet all
requirements to compete.
10. Entries must not violate any copyrights or trademarks.
11. Contest organizers will notify winners. Once done winners will be asked to bring the original
piece of work to a location identified by contest organizers, the purpose of having them winning
pieces of artwork displayed at a location that will be announced by contest organizers.
Section IV Eligibility
• Students must be in high school.
Section V – Timeline
• New Orleans High School Students – Contest open for entrants
• January 16th – February 16th, 2016 – All entrants due
• February 29, 2016 – Winner notified
I Am Present 4 Peace